Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Always a Yankee, But....

Although we will always be Yankees fans at heart, Alson and I have rationalized that we can also be Nationals fans since they are in different leagues. To some die hard Yankees fans this is still illegal, but whatever, we live here now! Funny digression, the first time I met Alson's parents, his dad's second or third question was whether I was a Yankees or Mets fan. I'm pretty sure I got approval at that moment.

Last night we went to our first Nationals game, and it was a lot of fun. The new ballpark is beautiful, and the area between the metro and the ballpark (Half Street?) looks like it has some great development plans for the near future. It even ended up being really nice out! No rain and not too cool or too warm.


We were pretty surprised to see how many people were at a random Tuesday night game. The organization is definitely working to establish a talented club, as well as a more prominent baseball tradition for the city. Next time we will drink before we go.....$7.50 for a 12 ounce Bud Light. But, regardless of the prices, which should be expected at any major league game, it was a lot of fun!

5 comments:

  1. cute pictures - yeah the park's prices are a bit redonkulous considering RFK used to be so much cheaper :( we'll have to go to a game sometime this summer!! (since that's like...six blocks from my apartment hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much fun! I haven't been to the new stadium, but definitely want to go sometime soon. cute pic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I really need to go sometime soon. This looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy expensive! At Miller Park in Milwaukee, I can get a huge beer for like $4.

    My husband is a huge Yankees fan! He's pretty bummed they're in last place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I can totally relate! Since Jon is from PA, my dad was worried that he'd be a Steeler's fan. Luckily, he's not :)

    ReplyDelete