Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Flower Power

I was pretty laid back when it came to choosing my wedding flowers. I just went with the florist the hotel uses, Aldena Frye. I saw some of the pictures of her flowers and thought they were beautiful. Actually, the flowers on her homepage are the ones I asked her to replicate for my bouquet, with the rest of the flowers playing off that design.

The colors were brighter and more summery of course, but the kinds of flowers were the same. Here are some samples I gave Aldena illustrating the kinds of colors (first picture for the oranges, second picture for the pinks) I wanted in the flowers.


For the centerpieces, I asked for two different designs. Half of the tables had one centerpiece with the three mixed colors (pink, green, and orange) and the other half had a cluster of 3 vases with one different color in each vase. Kind of a play on these two pictures:


Pictures from brides.com and theknot.com

Do you love how I am talking as if this already happened? Well technically when you read this it will have, but to write like this seems strange....I hope I didn't jinx myself!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, we really are too much alike! My colors were pink and orange too :) I used gerber daisies, roses and green button mums.

    ReplyDelete