Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Reading!



One of the main reasons I decided to re-start this blog is because I saw a bunch of people with Spring Reading Thing 2008 book lists while browsing through other's blogs. I visited Callapidder Days Spring Reading Thing page and found the perfect way to get my head out of school books and into something I enjoy. Now I must admit that my school reading, assignments, and thesis will come first the next 3-4 weeks, or at least until they make me crazy. However, once I move to DC and am FINISHED with my second year of grad school (only 32 days!) I plan to really devote some time to reading for pleasure. With that said, here is my book list:

Nearlyweds by Beth Kendrick

Jennifer Government by Max Barry

Nineteen Eight-Four by George Orwell

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Falling Out of Fashion by Karen Yampolsky

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle

Walden Two by BF Skinner

The Other Woman by Jane Green (I've actually already read this, but not since I got engaged...it will take on a new meaning this time around)


These books should keep me occupied for a while. I think it's a nice mix of my favorite genres...especially chick lit and dystopia science fiction.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE 1984! Love love love! Seriously, it's probably one of my all-time favorite books.

    xox

    ReplyDelete