Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Easiest Pumpkin Cheesecake....EVER

I was not a fan of pumpkin flavored foods or drinks until a couple years ago. When I was home for Thanksgiving a while back and eating at our favorite diner back in NY, I decided to be adventurous and ordered a piece of pumpkin cheesecake. I had heard over and over from my family (as in extended family...we roll as a crowd) that the pumpkin cheesecake was awesome, but being the picky eater that I was, I never felt inclined to try any. Surprise, I loved it! I now actively seek out pumpkin cheesecake during the fall season.

Fast forward to the other day...I saw on Kappa Prep's blog that Ben & Jerry's has limited edition pumpkin cheesecake ice cream available at select stores. Our local Safeway did not have any of the ice cream, so I decided to make my own pumpkin cheesecake (how many times can I saw pumpkin cheesecake?). I started with a recipe, but after finding a ready to eat cheesecake filling, I decided to wing it and make my own pumpkin cheesecake. So without further ado....here is my recipe!

Easiest Pumpkin Cheesecake....Ever:


Mix one tub Philadelphia Ready to Eat Cheesecake filling with a 12oz. can of 100% pure pumpkin, two teaspoons of ground cinnamon, and a half teaspoon of ground nutmeg. Pour into graham cracker crust and top with cinnamon sugar. Refrigerate for an hour.

In the words of the 6 year olds I work with...Easy Peasy!


I definitely plan on making this when we are back in NY for Thanksgiving this year. I will wow my relatives with my newly honed domestic skills!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That does seem pretty easy, I may have to try it out.

    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. I love love love pumpkin foods this time of year ... it just feels so perfect. It's one of the things I look forward to the most about the fall!

    I'm sure the relatives will be mighty impressed : )

    ReplyDelete