- The weather has been so nice recently and patio dining is on our list of favorites
- We have had company twice (albeit the same company)
- We have been out of town multiple weekends so grocery shopping isn't a priority (who wants to buy food just so it can go bad?)
- I don't like grocery shopping anyway
- We've been attending get togethers/parties that take place during dinner time
- And honestly, I just don't enjoy cooking summery foods. I much prefer cooking heavy dishes, things that I can bake, Italian food, etc., and those aren't really conducive to summer.
Now I can throw all those excuses out the window. On Monday my mom sent us back to DC with lots of fresh fruit, veggies, and healthy proteins and I am ready to get back on the cooking wagon!
Anyone else fall victim to dining out during the summer? What easy dinner ideas can you give me?