Given my snobbishness, I should be ashamed of what I just whipped up in my kitchen. However, the meal was delicious, easy, and way cheaper than anything we could have gotten at a subpar restaurant in town. I had all the ingredients on hand and it required no planning whatsoever.
Here's how you can do it too:
- Boil water and cook your favorite pasta. My pasta of choice tonight was penne.
- Butter two pieces of Italian bread and sprinkle with garlic powder or garlic salt. Bake on a cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven
- Put together a mixed greens with garbanzo beans and croutons (I usually add roasted red peppers to salads, but didn't have any on hand today)
- Heat Bertolli Premium Pasta Sauce (we used Vodka Rustica, but also love the Champignon & Portobello sauce with angel hair) in the microwave for 90 seconds
- Transfer cookie sheet to the broiler and let bread cook for 1-2 minutes to help make the bread crispy
- Pour the sauce on the pasta, grate Parmesan cheese over the sauce, serve with the bread and salad, and enjoy!