Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Everything Happens for a Reason

Sorta Spoiler Alert....Four months later...

When Sex and the City: The Movie came out back in May I wanted to see it so bad it wasn't even funny. I was an avid watcher of the series; I started watching during Season 4, and acquired all the DVDs so I could catch up on the episodes I missed prior to having HBO. Love love love it. I still watch repeats and aspire to be as well dressed as Charlotte. Needless to say, I was hooting and hollering when I found out they were finally making the movie!

When the release date was first announced, the girls from my grad program made a date to see the movie together the weekend it came out...with dinner and cosmos before, of course. Unfortunately, we moved right before the movie was in theaters, so I wasn't able to attend the soiree. I was going to go with a couple girls from my book club, but I had some other obligation and couldn't make it. I also thought about dragging Alson to go see it, but ultimately felt bad about making him go when he had no interest whatsoever. I then planned on watching it with my mom while I was back in NY over the summer, and finally, on multiple occasions, thought about hitting up the movies by myself one day when Alson was at work. Alas, I didn't see it until the other night.

And it's funny how the universe works in mysterious ways.... I was really sad that I didn't get to see the movie when it first came out, but after watching it...I am so glad I waited to see it until after I was married. Especially since I would have likely seen it only a couple weeks (or days?!) before my wedding. Not that the movie would have changed my mind or made me think that Alson didn't want to marry me, but it just would have left me feeling uneasy and anxious on my wedding day.

Perhaps I am reading too far into it, and I really wouldn't have been concerned about some movie on the best day of my life....but it made me grateful that I didn't see it until this week. Just one of those "everything happens for a reason" moments.

1 comment:

  1. So, I went to see this movie with my three best friends, with whom I had watched the entire series over two years worth of Sunday nights (on DVD). When did we go? The only time that we were able to assemble from the four different states we now live in: THE DAY BEFORE MY WEDDING. We mixed mimosas in the parking lot and snuck them into the theater, and sat, in horror, for two and a half hours of ISN'T MARRIAGE TERRIBLE?!?

    It was hilarious. And awesome.

    ReplyDelete