Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Back to Work

Can you believe that this was almost 3 and a half months ago??


I can't. The cliches are true. Time really does fly once you have a baby. Sweet Caroline is now a smiling, happy girl.


Today is my last day of maternity leave. I can't believe it is over. I am so sad I won't be spending all day with my baby girl, but a part of me is ready to be back at work. I've worked hard to get where I am, and I am pretty darn good at what I do. I stopped by my office today to pick up my laptop, and seeing my boss and coworkers really got me excited. I miss the structure and challenges that my job throws at me. It'll feel good to get back in the middle of the chaos. I know that it won't be easy and I will miss Caroline SO much, but I am ready to give this whole working mom thing a try.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, as tomorrow will surely be a tough day!


9 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. And, yes, it can be hard, but it can also be good for you. I know I cherish my time after work now to prioritize for Julia since I'm not there all day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard, it really is. It does get better though. Pumping (if you're going to) is a pain in the butt, but worth it in the long run! There is nothing better than the weekend and the pick up time from daycare!!!! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck going back! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Grandma always said, "Think of the little train,, I think I can I think I can.. I knew I could I knew I could!" xoxo you will be the little engine that could.. and I am here .. living it with you xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying your transition back went great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline is so beautiful!

    And you are a strong and loving mama. I'm really proud of you for going back, but I'm sure it won't be easy. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck going back to work. It took a few weeks (and a couple rough days), but I really like being back at work now. I think it's good for me to get out of the house and be productive. I still miss the baby like crazy, but I think it makes me a better mom. Wishing you a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your article It’s exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete