Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weekends

I never thought I would say that I wanted a weekend to end, especially because I used to live for the weekends, but now it is different.

I didn't have any plans for Friday night, which actually isn't that unusual for me. By Friday afternoon I am tired and drained and just want to relax, watch a movie, and drink a glass of wine. However, when you do the same thing alone....the night doesn't have the same charm. I was sad that I was sitting at home drinking by myself while my husband was up in NY being wined and dined by the law firm. I just want to be with him and hate that we have to be apart right now.

Luckily I had plans for Saturday night so I didn't feel like a loser the entire weekend :/

Being home alone on a weeknight isn't so bad, but there is something about being home alone on a weekend night that had me feeling extra lonely. I am hoping that I am just adjusting and that my second weekend will be better.

9 comments:

  1. It will get better! I can imagine when you are used to being with someone all time how weird it would be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know how you feel. When TBF isn't around like he normally is on a week night, I get super lonely and even try going to bed really early! Hang in there, it makes us appreciate nights with our guys that much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know what you mean by this. As a grad student, I do about 80% of my work from home, so I spend the days alone at my house and lots of times, evenings too, if hubby is working or whatever. It never seems too bad. But when he's working or away on a weekend night or day it seems HORRIBLE! I'm thinking of you during this time of separation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it gets easier for you, too! When I'm home alone I just remind myself how brave I am... and that if you can make it through being apart - you can really make it through anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hon, my heart breaks reading this. Not much longer and you will be enjoying yourself with your hubs and this will all be a distant memory. And in the meantime, you've got us here in blogland :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If my Mr was away on a weekend I would have felt the same way. =0(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean, but I get conflicted btw wanting to keep myself busy and wanting to relax when the hubby is not here! Everything in life needs balance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww! Hang in there. Weekends are definitely the hardest - but after awhile you will start to enjoy boring weekends at home. I know I do! It's good time to rest up, recharge, and get stuff done at your leisure. :)

    ReplyDelete