Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Where have I been?

Let's just get right to the elephant in the room. No, I'm not pregnant. I didn't take a long blogging break for any particular reason. After we moved up to NY, I started my new job (did I mention I got hired full time after 3 weeks of working per diem), we got settled into the new house, and life just got really busy. We had a lot of fun times with friends and family, we tackled a few home improvement projects, and AJ took the bar. He played golf for a few weeks and then decided to start working at the firm a couple weeks ahead of his original post Labor Day start date. Both of us working (my job is a 12 month position so I work over the summer) plus trying to maintain a house is a lot more work than we anticipated. Not in a bad way, but in a "it keeps us busy" kind of way.

Nothing particularly noteworthy happened this summer, but it was a lot of fun. It definitely will be remembered. I had a "last hurrah mentality" and drank/ate my way through the summer. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty awesome. We've fallen into a great group of friends here and have re-connected with some high school and college friends that are still in the area. This is such a relief because I was really worried that we would be lonely and that we wouldn't have any friends.

Now that summer is over and school is back in session, I plan to cut back on drinking, reform my eating habits, and exercise regularly so that we can start trying to have a baby again. We got all our infertility/recurrent miscarriage test results back in July and nothing was abnormal, so I just need to work on my mental health (I am very easily stressed and my not-so-new job is pretty stressful) and really pray that the third time's the charm.

That's pretty much it for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. So happy to hear from you! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, Third? I didn't realize that. I'm so sorry!!! I'm so glad you have made friends so quickly (it's hard to do!) and are enjoying yourself so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are doing well! Looking forward to reading more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that things are going well in your new place - and glad to see you back in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Glad to hear you were hired full-time so quickly & that things are mostly going well in NY - & that you guys have made friends! That's what I'm struggling with most since moving to Nw Hampshire. Still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back and happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOO Glad you are back!! It was getting lonely out here especially with just me and the butter balls. post pix of the house. So glad you are having a blast. you needed it xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great posting I have read. I like your article. Thank you

    ReplyDelete